How can I create a footer containing more than 255 characters

  1. #1
    Fred1025
    Guest

    How can I create a footer containing more than 255 characters

    I have a legal disclaimer that needs to print on the bottom of each page in
    an Excel spreadsheet. I tried to get it shortened, but the minimum length in
    555 characters. Is there any way to produce footers longer than 255
    characters?

    I could build a routine to print the footer in VBA, but I would like to
    avoid that if possible.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: How can I create a footer containing more than 255 characters

    I don't think VBA will allow you to break this rule either.

    In xl2002+, you could add a picture to the footer (and maybe you could create a
    picture of your disclaimer).

    Maybe print a bunch of sheets with just the disclaimer (created in MSWord) and
    then printing the excel data on a second pass through the printer.

    Maybe...Put it in some cells and then use rows to repeat at Top (move it to the
    header).

  3. #3
    Gary Rowe
    Guest

    RE: How can I create a footer containing more than 255 characters

    You could type out the disclaimer in Word, copy, paste special as picture,
    copy this picture into Paint and save, then place this picture in the footer
    of your worksheet.
    Gary

  4. #4

    Re: How can I create a footer containing more than 255 characters

    But only if you have xl2002+. Support for pictures in headers/footers was added
    then.

  5. #5
    Gary Rowe
    Guest

    Re: How can I create a footer containing more than 255 characters

    Good point!