I want to hide the formula's which I have done, so that no one ca.

  1. #1
    Excel General Question
    Guest

    I want to hide the formula's which I have done, so that no one ca.

    I want to hide the formula's which I have done, so that no one can see, but
    they can edit the same sheet or workbook

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: I want to hide the formula's which I have done, so that no one ca.

    You will need to unlock the cells you want people to change and lock and
    hide the ones with your formulas, format, cells, protection, then protect
    the worksheet, tools, protection, protect sheet.

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "Excel General Question" <Excel General [email protected]>

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: I want to hide the formula's which I have done, so that no one ca.

    If you want the user to be able to edit the worksheet, they'll have
    access to the formulae. There's no way to prevent that.

    Even if you protect the worksheet so that the formulae are hidden,
    anyone who can find these groups can find ways to bypass the protection
    in a few seconds:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    A follow up on sheet protection. As my father always said, "A lock only stops an honest man."

    You must know your audience. If you fear malicious (or at least intentional) alteration to your formulae, you would be better off putting all calculations on a hidden sheet and password protecting that. Still not perfect, but more secure than other options.

    Good Luck.
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA