How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?

  1. #1
    oesqueen
    Guest

    How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?

    I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column and
    no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?

    Hi

    one way, type 50 in the first cell, underneath it type 49, then select both
    cells, now go to the fill handle on the 49 and drag down.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?

    Put 50 in the first cell, put 49 in the second, select both cells and grab
    the fillhandle and fill down or put 50 in the first cell, right click and
    fill down and when you release the mouse select series and put -1 in step
    value box

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom