Pivot Tables

  1. #1
    Big Red
    Guest

    Pivot Tables

    I have an existing pivot table and charts. I have added a new column of data
    to the pivot table data tab. However, this column is not pulling into the
    pivot table when I Refresh Data. Is there a way to incorporate the
    additional column of data into the pivot table without completly starting
    over with the creation of a new pivot table?

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables

    Big Red

    Click in the pivot table and on the pivot table toolbar invoke the wizard,
    press back instead of next and reset the range. You may wish to define a
    range name (Edit>Define...>Name), you can then use and change this and the
    range used for the pivot will reset automatically.

    If you insert rows, columns the data range should expand automatically.

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Tables

    Right click in the pivot table and select wizard, click back button and
    change the range to include the new column, click next then add the new
    header where you want it to be in the layout, then click finish

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables

    If the pivot table source data will change size frequently, you can use
    a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will automatically
    expand as rows or columns are added. There are instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List