How do I manipulate pivot table report to include percentage of?

  1. #1
    KRUEMJ-Needs some help
    Guest

    How do I manipulate pivot table report to include percentage of?

    In my pivot table report, I have two variables in the "data" field, TRIALS
    and CONVERSIONS. The two variables are summarized by sums, which is what I
    want. However, I would like the second variable, CONVERSIONS, to be expressed
    as a % of TRIALS.

    What I've tried already: In the Pivot Table Field for the CONVERSIONS
    variable, I clicked on Options >>; I clicked on Show data as "% of". Base
    field=TRIALS. Here's where the problem is (I think): I don't know what to
    click on for Base Item; I tried clicking on both (previous) and (next), but I
    got back a #N/A for the values in the pivot table.

    How can I get it so that I can show CONVERSIONS as a percentage of TRIALS???

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: How do I manipulate pivot table report to include percentage of?

    A calculated item creates a new value within a given row, column, or page
    field. A calculated field creates a new field in the data area based on the
    values in one or more other fields.

    I assume you have one column headed TRIALS, and that field contains numbers.
    You have another field labeled CONVERSIONS, and it also contains numbers?

    Maybe the problem is that you should have one row for each trial, and a
    column that gives the result of that one trial, Conversion or not. Is that
    what you have? What does your data base look like? What are the fields and
    what kind of data do they contain?

    "KRUEMJ-Needs some help" <KRUEMJ-Needs some [email protected]>

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: How do I manipulate pivot table report to include percentage of?

    From the Pivot Table menu, select Formulas. You want to create a calculated
    FIELD. The formula is =Conversions/Trials