Setting to default Print Settings

  1. #1
    Ben Wylie
    Guest

    Setting to default Print Settings

    Is it possible to set the default printer settings to be one page across and
    to have it default to landscape, so i don't need to set it for every excel
    sheet i print?
    (using Office 2003)
    Thanks
    Ben

  2. #2

    Re: Setting to default Print Settings

    From a previous post:

    You could create a workbook that has the settings you want. Then save
    this workbook as a template for all new workbooks.

    If that's what you want to do:
    Start a new workbook.
    change the margins
    (and modify it to your heart's content)

    Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page
    orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook???

    Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as book.xlt

    Then when you click on that New icon, the new workbook will inherit all those
    settings.

    =====
    If you create another file named sheet.xlt (in the same XLStart location), then
    every new worksheet added will inherit the settings from this template.

    I set up book.xlt the way I wanted it (one sheet only) and then used windows
    explorer to copy it to sheet.xlt. Then they would be identical. (Seemed like
    less work, too.)

  3. #3
    Ben Wylie
    Guest

    Re: Setting to default Print Settings

    Would these settings only work for new worksheets?
    I'd like this to apply to worksheets which are made by other people and sent
    to me, which i then print out. Would these inherit the print setup settings
    with this method?

    Thanks,
    Ben

  4. #4

    Re: Setting to default Print Settings

    They would apply to the worksheets based on the templates--either book.xlt (new
    workbooks) or sheet.xlt (new worksheets in existing workbooks).

    You could record a macro that sets the page layout the way you want it.
    (store it in your personal.xls workbook??)

    And then run that on demand whenever you want.