set default zoom for a user profile

  1. #1
    blaqb0x
    Guest

    set default zoom for a user profile

    Hi,

    How can I set the default zoom for a user's profile when looking at excel
    sheets?
    I'll probably be using Office 2003.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: set default zoom for a user profile

    In network installations Excel usually makes itself a folder under the user
    profile, (in my case)

    C:\Documents and Settings\Nick Hodge\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\

    In XP this folder is hidden below the user name. Below this folder is one
    called XLStart. If you set up Excel as you want it to open and save the
    file in this folder as a template called Book.xlt and then do the same with
    a file saved as a template called Sheet.xlt. Excel will open with these
    settings (Book.xlt) and it will also apply to any sheets added subsequently
    to the workbook (sheet.xlt). They are in effect user-defined start-up
    templates

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England