Advice needed...

  1. #1
    Duncan
    Guest

    Advice needed...

    I need to sort 4 random numbers into numerical order. the numbers would be
    entered into a row for example, A1:A4.

    Now, I need to be able to check each of the numbers and place them in
    numerical order, highest first, in A10:A13.... is this possible. I can take
    the highest and lowest by way of the max and min function but my head is
    caved in trying to think of how to sort the 2 middle ones out. Any help on
    this would really be appreciated..... Thanks in advance!!

    Duncan

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Advice needed...

    Try

    =LARGE(A1:A4,1)
    =LARGE(A1:A4,2)
    etc.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Advice needed...

    In A10 put

    =LARGE($A$1:$A$4,ROW(1:1))

    copy down to A13

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Duncan
    Guest

    Re: Advice needed...

    what can I say..... it all looks so easy now :o)) time for a coffee.
    Thanks!!!