Excel always opens two workbooks

  1. #1
    nivek
    Guest

    Excel always opens two workbooks

    I have been having a problem with excel. Whenever I open a workbook I have
    been working on (doesn't matter which, I happens on all of them) it opens
    that workbook along with an extra blank workbook (book 1). Is there anyway
    to stop this extra workbook from opening (i.e. a setting in options)?

    Excel 2003

    TIA,
    nivek

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel always opens two workbooks

    See your answers in Mr Excel

    For anyone else it was the XLSTART folder

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    nivek
    Guest

    Re: Excel always opens two workbooks

    Searched all over Mr. Excel and didn't find a thing regarding keeping a
    blank workbook from opening when another opens

    Thanks,
    nivek

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel always opens two workbooks

    Apologies but your post looked almost word for word the same as one in Mr
    Excel. Take a look for a folder called XLSTART and see if there is a
    workbook in there called book1.

    Failing that take a look at Tools / Options / General - 'At start up open
    files in...' or 'alternate start up path' and clear them.

  5. #5
    nivek
    Guest

    Re: Excel always opens two workbooks

    Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel always opens two workbooks

    Good stuff, and thanks for the feedback :-)

    --

    -
    > > --

    :-)