details about vertical alignment in Excel cells

  1. #1
    clairdelune
    Guest

    details about vertical alignment in Excel cells

    I have a problem! I Searched the Office Help to know about Alignment in Excel
    cells and it says that there are Top (Indent), Bottom (Indent) as Vertical
    alignment options but I didn't find these options in the combo box inside the
    Format cells dialog box. I would be grateful if you could help me by sending
    more details about alignment in Excel cells.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    Look under the Alignment tab after clicking on Format > Cells.

    - Mangesh

  3. #3

    Re: details about vertical alignment in Excel cells

    On the Format|Cells|Alignment tab, there's an Orientation section (top right).

    click on the vertical text
    (top left of that Orientation frame)

    Now, you'll see the top (indent) and bottom (indent) options.

    (But (indent) disappears from the horizontal alignment box dropdown list.)