Rows turn grey while scrolling

  1. #1
    cwebb3000
    Guest

    Rows turn grey while scrolling

    When scrolling down a worksheet rows will become grey. It doesn't happen to
    every row. It does happen everytime I scroll down using either the keyboard
    or mouse. I have replaced both keyboard and mouse, removed and re-installed
    Excel and it didn't correct the problem.
    The rows that become grey have not been filled with a color. Sometimes it
    will fill only half of a row.
    Running Office XP with W2k
    My co-worker has seen this before and he had to rebuild the computer. Does
    anyone know if this can be fixed without reinstalling windows?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Rows turn grey while scrolling

    Sounds like a video board/driver issue. I'd get the latest from your board
    manufacturer's site for your specific board. I'd also fiddle with your
    Display Settings (Resolution, Color Depth, DPI, Refresh rate, etc). If none
    of that helps and you cannot live with this issue (it is after all just
    cosmetic) you might buy a new video board.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cwebb3000
    Guest

    Re: Rows turn grey while scrolling

    Thanks Jim, you were right. I updated the video driver from ATI and that
    corrected the problem.

    Thanks again,
    Chris