How Stop Rounding Errors?

  1. #1
    Al Franz
    Guest

    How Stop Rounding Errors?

    On financial worksheets I am getting fractional rounding errors. How can
    you format a cell so that if =(A1*B1) is the formula the result in the cell
    will be a value such as $50.45 and not $50.457 even though it is formatted
    for 2 decimal places.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How Stop Rounding Errors?

    A B B
    50.457 =ROUND(A1,2) 50.46 (Note the 6)
    50.457 =ROUNDDOWN(A2,2) 50.45
    50.457 =FLOOR(A3,0.01) 50.45
    50.457 =INT(A4*100)/100 50.45

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: How Stop Rounding Errors?

    "Al Franz" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >On financial worksheets I am getting fractional rounding errors. How can
    >you format a cell so that if =(A1*B1) is the formula the result in the cell
    >will be a value such as $50.45 and not $50.457 even though it is formatted
    >for 2 decimal places.

    Tools > Options, Calculation tab, check 'Precision as Displayed'. This will
    make *ALL* calculations subject to fixed point arithmetic, so you'd need to
    check that the implicit rounding/truncation does what you want. But if it
    does *AND* you never have to deal with reconciling individual terms in NPV
    calculations (compound interest calculations are a royal pain with fixed
    point), then this would be the best approach.

  4. #4
    Rob
    Guest

    Re: How Stop Rounding Errors?