Drop down menus

  1. #1
    Please help
    Guest

    Drop down menus

    I learnt how to do drop down menus for cells, but I would like the drop down
    menu to display one word but enter in a different character in the cell when
    it is selected.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drop down menus

    There's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and
    code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected,
    the cell shows only the product name. You should be able to adapt this
    to your workbook.

    On the following page:

    Under the data validation heading, find 'Data Validation "Columns"' and
    download the file named DataValNameID.xls

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List