Is there a toolbar settings file I can transfer to my new PC?

  1. #1
    David Shepard
    Guest

    Is there a toolbar settings file I can transfer to my new PC?

    I have custom toolbars in Excel and Word. Are they in a file(s) I can
    transfer to my new PC so I won't have to go through all the set-up again?

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: Is there a toolbar settings file I can transfer to my new PC?

    Look for a .XLB file.
    I'm running XL2003 and it's in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

    Earlier versions of Excel store them in other places. I think Excel 97 was
    C:\Windows

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David Shepard
    Guest

    Re: Is there a toolbar settings file I can transfer to my new PC?

    Thanks for the info. The file did not work in "excel" but in the subfolder
    XLSTART. Things are still different in that Excel does not open with a new
    spreadsheet like it used to. Now you must either select a new sheet or open
    an existing one. I note that the new toolbar does not show up until you do
    one of the previous.

    I am also quite annoyed that I cannot specify the opening directory as I
    could in Excel 2002. I don'tind improvements but I would like to be able to
    keep some basics the same.

    David