How do I automatically hide rows

  1. #1
    RobRoy
    Guest

    How do I automatically hide rows

    I wish to be able to automatically hide a row when data is entered into a
    cell in that row.
    Any ideas?

    Roy

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>SAVE
    Now when you enter anything in any cell in rows (below row 4), the row hides

    If Target.Row > 4 Then Rows(Target.Row).Hidden = True

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    Roy

    This would require worksheet event code.

    Several options to consider......

    Any cell in any row?
    A specific cell in any row?
    Any cell in a specific row?
    A specific cell in a specific row?

    Row(s) to remain hidden until you manually unhide?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    RobRoy
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    Gord,

    It would be a specific cell in any row.

    Roy

  5. #5
    RobRoy
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    Thanks Don.

    How would I make the row hidden by entering data in a specific cell.

    Roy

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    specific cell????? Do you mean a specific column within the row?? If so,
    which one???

  7. #7
    RobRoy
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    Yes, for instance if I enter data into A2 then row 2 would br hidden but not
    if I enter data into B2 etc.

  8. #8
    Jay
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    > Yes, for instance if I enter data into A2 then row 2 would br hidden
    > but not if I enter data into B2 etc.

    I've used AutoFilter for this.

    Select column A and use
    Data >> Filter >> AutoFilter
    This adds a pull-down arrow at A1 and lets you show rows with blanks in
    column A (for example). After making a change in column A, click the pull-
    down arrow again.

    By the way, is there something as easy as this for columns rather than
    rows? I saw a posting that suggested a macro, but I'd prefer something like
    AutoFilter.

  9. #9
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically hide rows

    If you want for column B then modify my macro to
    If Target.Row > 4 and target.column=2 Then Rows(Target.Row).Hidden = True