Formula

  1. #1
    Danielle
    Guest

    Formula

    I need a formula that would allow me to type a cost center and once I type
    the cost center the cost that I type in a seperate column will roll into
    several places.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Formula

    Hi!

    Assume you enter the cost in B1 and also want that cost to
    populate cells A20,F15 and H2.

    In A20,F15 and H2 enter this formula:

    =IF(B1="","",B1)

    Biff

  3. #3
    Danielle
    Guest

    RE: Formula

    Thanks Bif!! Here is a another questions, what if I want to type a cost
    center and on another worksheet to give me a running total of what was spent
    to the cost center.

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    RE: Formula

    Hi!

    Need more detail.

    biff

  5. #5
    Danielle
    Guest

    RE: Formula

    Biff I have three spread sheets. I track the invoices for my organization
    and each invoice is charge to different cost centers. Sheet one shows
    current budget, what has been spent (this number is generated from the
    invoices) and of course the difference. I have another sheet that they want
    kept that shows the current budget but what we have spent for each month.
    And my third sheet are the invoices and their amounts. I would like a
    spreadsheet to where when I type in the cost center it will automatically add
    the amount to sheet 1 and even if I could have it automatically calcuate the
    amounts in sheet 2 by month. If this is still confusing and you don't mind I
    could give you my number or even send the spread sheet to you.

    Thanks a lot Biff!

    Danielle

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    RE: Formula

    Hi!

    When you say that you have 3 spreadsheets does that mean
    you have 3 workbooks (files) or does that mean you have 1
    workbook (file) that contains 3 worksheets?

    If you post an email address I'll contact you. Be sure to
    munge (disguise) it like:

    me at here dot com

    Biff

  7. #7
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Formula

    Danielle wrote:
    > Biff I have three spread sheets. I track the invoices for my organization
    > and each invoice is charge to different cost centers. Sheet one shows
    > current budget, what has been spent (this number is generated from the
    > invoices) and of course the difference. I have another sheet that they want
    > kept that shows the current budget but what we have spent for each month.
    > And my third sheet are the invoices and their amounts.

    Can't your organisation afford an accounting package that does this for
    you? Most modern packages (even the relatively cheap ones) will do this
    and much more.

    --
    Systems and Management Accounting
    Gordon Burgess-Parker