Online help not available...

  1. #1
    Bruce Bowler
    Guest

    Online help not available...

    Hi,

    Just got a new machine, connected via network at work thru a T1 line.
    When I check help in excel (or word), it says "unable to connect to
    microsoft office online" at the top of the help pane (pain? :-). I've
    followed the instructions on checking the various boxes in the "Microsoft
    excel help" window but that doesn't seem to help. I even went so far as
    to log out and back in after making the change (even though it's implied
    all I have to do is exit/restart excel), but that didn't help.

    Any further thoughts?

    --
    +-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
    Bruce Bowler | If you can't get out of it, get into it. -

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Online help not available...

    Can you get to other sites OK - Proxy server settings perhaps?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bruce Bowler
    Guest

    Re: Online help not available...

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:56:07 +0000, Ken Wright put fingers to keyboard and
    said:

    > Can you get to other sites OK - Proxy server settings perhaps?

    Everything else is OK (web, mail, news, telnet, ssh, etc). No proxy
    servers in the picture at all.

    --
    +-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
    Bruce Bowler | I'd rather have three husbands than one, I should

  4. #4
    Bruce Bowler
    Guest

    Re: Online help not available...

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:18:48 -0500, Bruce Bowler put fingers to keyboard
    and said:

    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:56:07 +0000, Ken Wright put fingers to keyboard and
    > said:
    >
    >> Can you get to other sites OK - Proxy server settings perhaps?

    > Everything else is OK (web, mail, news, telnet, ssh, etc). No proxy
    > servers in the picture at all.

    Any other ideas?

    Anyone?

    --
    Bruce Bowler | People want economy and they will pay any price to