Excel file takes a long time to save

  1. #1
    ben@bikecenturies
    Guest

    Excel file takes a long time to save

    I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K.
    I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and
    if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds
    to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing
    the auto-format setting to "none."

    I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it
    will take longer to retrace the work by hand.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks, Ben

  2. #2

    Re: Excel file takes a long time to save

    Try resetting the last used cell.

    Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: