Rotate a box with a cell's contents

  1. #1
    Circe
    Guest

    Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    Can you change a box's alignment with a cell's contents in
    Excel? I don't want the gridline to change, just the box
    that the cell is in?
    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    I'm not sure, but if you mean you want to change the orientation of the text
    within the cell:

    Format|cell|alignment tab

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    Circe

    What kind of "box" is the cell in? Or do you mean the cell itelf?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Circe
    Guest

    Re: Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    The user wants the box that represents the cell to be
    rotated -- strange request. He says he's done it before,
    but I think he probably rotated a rectangle object?
    That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
    Thanks for your response.

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    Yes, the user says he wants to rotate the box the cell is
    in -- he says he's done it before. My thinking is he may
    have used a rectangle object and then rotated that.
    Thanks for your input.

  6. #6

    Re: Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    I'd guess an object like a rectangle, too.

    Or maybe WordArt. (Insert|object???)

  7. #7

    Re: Rotate a box with a cell's contents

    Or maybe a picture of the cell.

    Select the cell/range
    edit|copy
    select another spot
    Shift|Edit|paste picture link

    Then rotate that object.

    When I rotated a rectangle, the text didn't change.