Why can I not open an Excel Compound file with Office Excel xp?

  1. #1
    Wetcoast40
    Guest

    Why can I not open an Excel Compound file with Office Excel xp?

    I receive Excel files via e-mail from my head office that can't be opened
    with Office xp. As close as I can tell, these files are called "Compound
    Excel Files". I can't find any explanation of what a Compound File is and
    why I wouldn't be able to open it. In addition, when I notified the office,
    they cut out the pertinent information segment of the file and re-sent it.
    Surprisingly, I was able to open it. They claim they didn't change the
    format or program.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Why can I not open an Excel Compound file with Office Excel xp?

    There's information on compound documents in the following article:

    Using a Dual File Format in Excel
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...381621033.aspx

    --
    Debra Dalgleish