Excel will not auto format all row heights

  1. #1
    Sebastian
    Guest

    Excel will not auto format all row heights

    I have a large workbook that some cells will auto row hight but, it leaves a
    extra line and could be a smaller height.

    The cell formatting is the same as other cells that adjust correctly.
    What can i do then, other then manually changing row hight?

  2. #2
    Sebastian
    Guest

    RE: Excel will not auto format all row heights

    I have done the find and replace alt 0010 and alt 0013 and the space was
    still there.
    also the formatting is in general with wrapped text

  3. #3
    Sebastian
    Guest

    RE: Excel will not auto format all row heights

    If I do not word wrap the cell, it auto fits correctly.
    Is this a glitch?

  4. #4

    Re: Excel will not auto format all row heights

    I'd guess that glitch is a good description.

    If you widen the column ever so slightly, that extra "line" at the bottom may go
    away (you may have to autofit the row--I don't recall if that's necessary).

    But I think it's just a combination of factors that is working against you.

    To make matters somewhat worse, I there have been posts that say that they
    struggle to get the display on the screen perfect, but when they print, it
    doesn't look right.

    So you should have that to look forward to.