my excel files being modified by a virus

  1. #1
    mis_cakung
    Guest

    my excel files being modified by a virus

    my excel files being modified by a virus (worm_blueworm) to become only 78
    bytes and contains message "has been expired please contact Mr. Bill Gates
    for the acitve now, Thanks you.". Can anyone help me how to recover the files
    ...??? million thanks.

  2. #2
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: my excel files being modified by a virus

    mis_cakung wrote:
    > my excel files being modified by a virus (worm_blueworm) to become only 78
    > bytes and contains message "has been expired please contact Mr. Bill Gates
    > for the acitve now, Thanks you.". Can anyone help me how to recover the files
    > ...??? million thanks.

    You DO have backups, DON'T you?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

  3. #3
    mis_cakung
    Guest

    Re: my excel files being modified by a virus

    sadly ..we don't have...

  4. #4
    Gordon

    mis_cakung wrote:
    > sadly ..we don't have...
    >
    > "Gordon" wrote:
    >

    >>mis_cakung wrote:
    >>
    >>>my excel files being modified by a virus (worm_blueworm) to become only 78
    >>>bytes and contains message "has been expired please contact Mr. Bill Gates
    >>>for the acitve now, Thanks you.". Can anyone help me how to recover the files
    >>>...??? million thanks.

    >>You DO have backups, DON'T you?

    First rule of computing: BACKUP, BACKUP,BACKUP!