Why Excel file doesn't open by double click.

  1. #1
    Siraj
    Guest

    Why Excel file doesn't open by double click.

    Excel files that are stored in my HD doesn't open by double click. It just
    open Excel program but do not open the file. Pls note, I can open any excel
    file from File Menu, then Opne. But can't opne it by double click. Using
    Windows XP with Office XP / Excell 2002. Pls suggest me what to do. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Why Excel file doesn't open by double click.

    Hi Siraj

    Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
    Exit Excel and try again

    If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

    Close Excel first and
    On the Windows Taskbar

    1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
    2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
    See the space between exe and /regserver

    You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
    In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl