HELP- Copying a Data Series to Another Graph???

  1. #1
    phil6666
    Guest

    HELP- Copying a Data Series to Another Graph???

    Hi-

    I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs.

    When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values
    (Name, X Value and Y Value)

    If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that
    I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them.

    Is there a simpler way to accomplish this?

    thnx

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: HELP- Copying a Data Series to Another Graph???

    Phil -

    Select the series, then copy the series formula in the formula bar; the
    series formula holds your three values, plus a fourth, the plot order
    (and a fifth, bubble sizes, if it's from a bubble chart). Select another
    chart's plot area (this is important: select the box defined on the left
    and bottom by the axes, or it won't work), click in the formula bar,
    paste in the formula you copied, change the plot order parameter if
    desired, and press Enter.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP