Zip Codes starting with 0 in .csv

  1. #1
    vkushnerov
    Guest

    Zip Codes starting with 0 in .csv

    I have an excel spreadsheet that I need to convert to a .csv to import. One
    of the columns is the zip code, including codes that start with 0. However,
    whenever I convert it to .csv, it strips out the first 0 of the zip code,
    thus leaving a 4 digit code. Is there a way to fix this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Zip Codes starting with 0 in .csv

    It is NOT stripped out of the CSV file (you can check that in Notepad). The
    leading 0 is stripped out when the CSV file is read back into Excel.

  3. #3
    vkushnerov