how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of paper .

  1. #1
    stormey
    Guest

    how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of paper .

    using excel 2002 - I have 150 names in 1 column - how can I print them on one
    sheet of paper in 3 columns

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of paper .

    Stormey,

    Probably the quickest would be to divide it up into 3 columns. It prints
    the sheet as it appears. Select the second third of the stuff, and move it
    (edge-drag) to the desired place. Same for third section. If you do a
    print preview, then close the preview, you'll see the pagination lines as
    dotted lines on the sheet. Or you can use View - Page break preview.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    stormey
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of pap

    I really wondered if you can set up the page to print in 3 columns - because
    I will be adding to the list and will still want 3 columns of names in
    alphabetical order without moving the data around each time someone was
    added.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of pap

    You can have a macro do that. I would include two columns though to
    help with the spacing, so you would have six column of which 3 have data.
    You won't affect your page, as the macro will create a new page with the
    reformatted data.

    SNAKECOLS, How to snake columns to use fewer pages
    Saving paper is not a feature of Excel. Some tips and macros for snaking columns
    for smaller reports and to save paper. Some similar macros to rearrange columns / rows
    to prepare data for address labels from various sources including some with database tags.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm
    ---
    HTH,