protections for objects

  1. #1
    .·:m·a·r·l·a:&m
    Guest

    protections for objects

    I have notice that both comments and controls (command buttons, list
    boxes...) are afected in the same way by the protection "Edit objects" in
    Protect sheets

    is there any way to be able to allow insert/modify comments but not edit the
    controls ??
    or
    any way to detect and evitate the user can go in desing mode ??

    i work with excell 2003 and the only protections that i want to allow is
    "Select unlocked cells" and "Use autofilter" (plus allow to insert
    comments)

    thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Re: protections for objects

    Maybe you could provide the users with a macro that handles the comments.

    Your macro could unprotect the worksheet
    do whatever you want to the comment (edit/delete/add)
    then reprotect the worksheet

    I don't know of another way.