average positive numbers

  1. #1
    Susannah
    Guest

    average positive numbers

    Simple question...I'm trying to obtain an average but only want to include
    those cells with positive numbers in the average. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: average positive numbers

    One way (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN):

    =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100>0,A1:A100))

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: average positive numbers

    this is an ARRAY formula so must be entered/edited with ctrl+shift+enter

    =AVERAGE(IF(H2:H10>10,H2:H10))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: average positive numbers

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:05:01 -0800, "Susannah"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Simple question...I'm trying to obtain an average but only want to include
    >those cells with positive numbers in the average. Any ideas?

    =SUMIF(rng,">0")/COUNTIF(rng,">0")

    The above does not include "0" values.

    --ron