how do I prevent users to go into locked cells

  1. #1
    Farchid
    Guest

    how do I prevent users to go into locked cells

    Hoe can I restrict user cursor movement to unlocked cells only ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    If the worksheet is protected (Tools >> Protection) the user will get an error message. The "Lock" option under cell format won't work unless the sheet or book is protected too.

    Stacie

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do I prevent users to go into locked cells

    Far

    Which version of Excel?

    Different versions have different options.

    2002 and 2003 allow you to select options when you go to
    Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.

    One of the options is "select locked cells". Uncheck it.

    One of the options is "select unlocked cells". Check it.

    If earlier versions, VBA code is required.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP