Combine names seperated by comma

  1. #1
    bbc1
    Guest

    Combine names seperated by comma

    I have a database imported into excel, column a has surname and Christin
    names seperated by a comma, ie Adams,John want to extract these into another
    column as John Adams

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Combine names seperated by comma

    1. Select the column.
    2. Go to Data > Text to columns
    3. Select "Delimited" and select a comma as your
    delimiter.
    4. Switch the columns around.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Combine names seperated by comma

    Jason Morin wrote:
    > 1. Select the column.
    > 2. Go to Data > Text to columns
    > 3. Select "Delimited" and select a comma as your
    > delimiter.
    > 4. Switch the columns around.

    And then concatenate, as the OP wants both in the same column!

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

  4. #4
    David
    Guest

    Re: Combine names seperated by comma

    =?Utf-8?B?YmJjMQ==?= wrote

    > I have a database imported into excel, column a has surname and
    > Christin names seperated by a comma, ie Adams,John want to extract
    > these into another column as John Adams

    Put this in the target column where imported names start in ColA, Row2
    =RIGHT($A2,LEN($A2)-FIND(" ",$A2))&" "&LEFT($A2,FIND(",",$A2)-1)
    Adjust $A2 to your source

    --
    David