Equations with numbers and letter values

  1. #1
    Corey
    Guest

    Equations with numbers and letter values

    I am creating a performance chart for employees to fill
    out. Below is an example of a set of questions they need
    to complete, with a possible answer to each. My
    spreadsheet is being designed to calculate a points system
    on multiple categories

    1. How many appointments did you have? "2"
    2. How many new appointments did you set? "1"
    3. Did you follow up with active client groups, not yet
    rented? "Y"
    4. Have you made collection calls to clients that owe
    money? "N"
    5. Have you reviewed and replied to all your emails? "Y"

    I need a formula that will add up all the numeric answers,
    but also set an individual value for each question that
    has a "Y" or "N" entry. So question 3 may be a +3 towards
    the total of "Y" but question 5 may only be a +1 towards
    the total if "Y" or a -3 if "N"

    please help!

    Much Thanks!
    Corey

  2. #2

    Re: Equations with numbers and letter values

    You have a response at your other post in this newsgroup.