Index and Match-REP Total

  1. #1

    Index and Match-REP Total

    OK, here's my question.

    I have a list of a set of values listed below:

    REP Total
    John 12500
    Peter 16955
    Rich 14986
    Steve 11986
    Joe 13579
    Joann 12697

    =INDEX(REP,MATCH(MAX(Total),Total,0)) <--Max Value(16955),Peter
    =INDEX(REP,MATCH(MIN(Total),Total,0)) <--Min Value(11986),Steve

    I want to, based on value, sort these on another sheet. Using the
    formula above, I can get the MAX and MIN. How do I go about getting
    the rest of the values sorted accordingly?

    Fester.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Index and Match-REP Total

    Why nit just copy them, and then sort them?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    re: Index and Match-REP Total

    Good question, one of my managers populates the amount information
    weekly and has about 60 stores to enter. I'm trying to automate as much
    as possible. This way, the amounts are entered and all of the other
    results fall into place.

    Fester

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Index and Match-REP Total

    You could record a macro that does the copy and sort, and assign that to a
    button.

  5. #5
    Herbert Seidenberg
    Guest

    re: Index and Match-REP Total

    On another sheet, create two REP sized vectors named Sort_R and Sort_T
    Into Sort_T enter:
    =LARGE(Total,ROW(Sort_T R)-ROW(INDEX(Sort_T,1))+1)
    Into Sort_R enter:
    =INDEX(REP,MATCH(Sort_T,Total,0))