Excel Text Wrapping Problem

  1. #1
    Jeffrey A. Voigt
    Guest

    Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    Is there any way to fix the following problem?

    We have an excel spreadsheet that shows a lot of text for some of the cells.
    We have the cell format set to wrap text. However, it seems as though only
    a certain amount of text is wrapped until it is just cut off. We would like
    ALL of the text to display regardless. Is there any way to fix this or is
    this a problem with excel in general?

    Thanks,
    - JV

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    A cell can only display about 1024 characters

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:uVh%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jeffrey A. Voigt
    Guest

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    There is no way to fix it at all? Why would this limitation be in excel?

    Thanks,
    - JV

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jeffrey A. Voigt
    Guest

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    That is not the case. I'm getting about 2086 characters to display at the
    moment...

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    How do you know that, a cell can hold about 32k of characters but will only
    display about 1024
    so you can't use a formula to count them

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Jeffrey A. Voigt
    Guest

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    Well, to count the characters that are displayed, I copied and pasted into
    word the text that was displayed (not all of it, just the text that was
    displayed in the cell)... then you can do a character count....

  7. #7
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    So you copied the text that was displayed in the cell from the formula bar?
    Because if you copied the cell you get the total
    non-displayed included? Regardless, if you look in Excel's help under
    specifications you can find it there
    That's the only reason I can think regarding your original poet

  8. #8

    Re: Excel Text Wrapping Problem

    Excel's help says that a cell can contain about 32k characters and only 1024
    will show up in the cell.

    But that's really not correct. You can see lots more characters if you add
    alt-enters in your text (to force new lines).

    And after you add those alt-enters, you could resize the rowheight manually if
    you need to.