Copy data between 2 Excel for comparison

  1. #1
    Boba
    Guest

    Copy data between 2 Excel for comparison

    Hello,

    I requested by CyberTaz to ask my question again and
    describe the situation I have, so here it's :

    In our place we have a software. That software has a
    small feature "Export to Excel". Whenever I operates
    the "Export" I got new instance of Excel with data. Most
    of the time I must compare data between two reports
    I got in Excel. So, on my desktop there are two instances
    of Excel, instead of doing the same steps over and over
    again ( Select all cells, Copy, go to other Excel, Paste
    the data and etc... ) I would like to write a macro that
    will do the sisyphean work.

    My question is : What should I write in VBA so I can copy
    data from one instance of Excel to another ?
    ( My last option will be to write 2 macros, one for copy
    the data and save it on the disk. The second macro will
    load the saved file and compare the data with the other
    report )

    Is anyone has better solution ?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Copy data between 2 Excel for comparison

    I'm not sure it's better, but I'd save the workbook in one instance, close that
    instance and reopen that workbook in the first instance.

    Then have your macro process the compare.

    Heck, if you always save the first workbook with the same name, you could just
    save the first workbook, close that instance and run your macro--it could open
    that (just saved) workbook and do all the processing.