Mass Change Across Many WorkBOOKS

  1. #1
    SCSC
    Guest

    Mass Change Across Many WorkBOOKS

    I have just come into a job where the previous employee had her name, as
    contact person, on many workbooks. I would like to know if there is a way to
    do a mass change so that I can replace her name with mine, without having to
    open and save each workbook. Please notice that I am referring to workBOOKs
    not workSHEETs.

    Thank you.

    SCSC

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Mass Change Across Many WorkBOOKS

    It doesn't sound like there is an easy way if one does exist, but more info
    is necessary to even try.

    Where is this person's name stored? If in the workbook, that's one thing,
    but if it is recorded in File>Properties that's another issue that would have
    to be handled outside of Excel.

    Also it helps to indicate which version of the program as well as any other
    specifics.

    Many knowledgeable people will probably try to help if you include
    sufficient details when you post your questions |:>)

  3. #3
    SCSC
    Guest

    RE: Mass Change Across Many WorkBOOKS

    Sorry for the late response to your message. I have had so much problems
    accessing this website, lately.

    The persons name is just in a cell in the workbook, not in the properties.
    The version of Excel is 2000 (SR-1).

    Thanks for your time.