How do i change 15 months to read 1 year and 3 months?

  1. #1
    Marty
    Guest

    How do i change 15 months to read 1 year and 3 months?

    Can some one please provide a formula on how to change months into years and
    months?
    Example, I have 15 months in a cell, but would like the next cell to be read
    1.3. meaning 1 year and 3 months.
    Thanks

    Marty

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: How do i change 15 months to read 1 year and 3 months?

    With that format, how are you going to differentiate between 1 year and 1
    month and 1 year and 10 months? The numbers 1.1 and 1.10 are indentical to
    Excel, so you can't accomplish the visual difference (1.1 vs 1.10) with
    formatting.

    =DOLLARFR(A1/12,12) will give you 1.01 and 1.10 for the above examples. You
    need to format the cell with 2 decimal places so you see 1.10, not just 1.1.
    This function is in the Analysis Tool Pack, which must be installed to use the
    function.

    If you don't want to install the ATP, you can use

    =INT(A1/12)+MOD(A1,12)/100