Copy/Paste formulas

  1. #1
    BobG
    Guest

    Copy/Paste formulas

    How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant')
    from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as
    expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains
    a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the
    incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I)
    row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows
    increment.

  2. #2
    Adam Harris
    Guest

    RE: Copy/Paste formulas

    $E$65

  3. #3
    Jock W
    Guest

    RE: Copy/Paste formulas

    You need to put the dollar sign ($) in front of the row and column reference
    you wish to make an absolute reference.i.e. $E$65. This will not be
    incremented when you copy and paste.

    Jock W

  4. #4
    BobG
    Guest

    RE: Copy/Paste formulas

    Thanks to both Adam and Jock, for their timely response, it worked!