Excel Opens In Full Screen

  1. #1
    Yo
    Guest

    Excel Opens In Full Screen

    Everytime my excel opens it is in full screen and I can't see the tabs for
    the different sheets. I have to go into 'View' and then click on 'Full
    Screen' everytime I open an excel spreadsheet. Why is it doing this and how
    can I change it so it opens normally?

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  2. #2

    Re: Excel Opens In Full Screen

    After you change the view back to normal, do you save that workbook?

    If no, try saving it. Close excel and reopen that workbook to see if that fixed
    the problem.

    It didn't, maybe you have a "helpful" macro sticking its nose in where you don't
    like it.

    Close excel
    windows start button|run
    excel /safe

    file|open your workbook (with it saved in Normal view)

    If that worked ok, but you still have problems when you open the workbook in
    "normal" excel, I'd try to find the developer and see why they did what they
    did.

    (I have a workbook that opens as a maximized window because most people like it
    that way. But it wasn't my choice--maybe your developer got hit by the same
    request.)