Starting a MS Excel workbook with a particular worksheet

  1. #1
    icasaresg
    Guest

    Starting a MS Excel workbook with a particular worksheet

    When I open a workbook, it always does with SHEET 1. How do I start it with a
    worksheet other than SHEET 1? I think it is useful when renaming the
    worksheets.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Starting a MS Excel workbook with a particular worksheet

    Excel will open to the worksheet when the file last saved unless you use a
    workbook_open or auto_open event to goto the worksheet desired.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Starting a MS Excel workbook with a particular worksheet

    Excel will help by opening to the worksheet that was active when you last saved
    it.

    You could have a macro that runs when you open the workbook that goes to a
    particular cell:

    Option Explicit
    Sub Auto_Open()
    application.goto worksheets("sheet3").range("b19")
    end sub

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Starting a MS Excel workbook with a particular worksheet

    Dave P. has provided code to open an existing workbook at the sheet of your
    choice.

    If you are perchance asking how to create New workbooks with a sheetname other
    than Sheet1 as default..........

    Create a new workbook, re-name Sheet1 to a name of your choice.

    Delete the other sheets and File>Save As>File Type> MS Excel Template(*.xlt)
    and name it BOOK. Excel will add the .XLT.

    Store this book in your XLSTART folder and it will become the default File>New
    Workbook.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP