Merge mail excel to word

  1. #1
    T. Rebouche
    Guest

    Merge mail excel to word

    When I am typing in excel 13/1/2005 (date: 13 January 2005), I am getting in
    Word 1/13/2005 which does not correspond to the one in excel ??? I want to
    get the same as in excel 13/1/2005 - Regards

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Merge mail excel to word

    Hi

    The easiest way - use an additional column with formula in it, p.e. with
    original dates in column A, for row 2 the formula will be:
    =TEXT(A2,"d/m/yyyy").
    In Mail Merge you'll refer to additional column

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Merge mail excel to word

    Debra Dalgleish posted this for a different question:

    In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source,
    you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box.
    (If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word --
    under Tools>Options, General -- add a check mark to
    'Confirm Conversion at Open')

    From that list, choose 'MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)', and your
    formatting will be retained.

    If you have to connect through a different source, you can format the
    fields in the Word document. For example, to specify a number of decimals:

    1. In Word, in the Main Document, press Alt+F9 to view the field codes.
    2. Find the field code for the number. It will look something like:
    { MERGEFIELD FieldName }
    3. Add a switch, to format the number with two decimal places.
    For example:
    { MERGEFIELD FieldName \# "#,##0.00" }
    4. Press Alt+F9 to hide the field codes.
    5. Save the Main Document

    (I bet you could modify it for your situation.)