I need help rounding numbers, please.

  1. #1
    Wind54Surfer
    Guest

    I need help rounding numbers, please.

    Hi everyone,

    I need to round numbers as part of a formula and can't figure it out.

    Say I have 72.5 and need to divide it into 3

    I get 24.16 (then I need to round 24.6 to the next even number = 26)

    (Anything over an even must go to the next even.)

    Any ideas really appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Emilio

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: I need help rounding numbers, please.

    What if the result is odd?

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: I need help rounding numbers, please.

    Assuming, based on your example, that you want to round *up* to the
    nearest even number, one way:

    =CEILING(72.5/3,2)

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: I need help rounding numbers, please.

    =ROUNDUP(A16/2,0)*2

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: I need help rounding numbers, please.

    Hi

    With your number p.e. in A2
    =ROUNDUP(A2/(3*2),0)*2

    Arvi Laanemets

  6. #6
    Wind54Surfer
    Guest

    Re: I need help rounding numbers, please.

    Thanks a lot to everybody.

    I am impress how many people are willing to help.

    Thanks again,
    Emilio