How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

  1. #1
    vms
    Guest

    How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

    I need email addresses in my excel worksheet, but they must be text, not
    hyperlink. Iv'e been copying them to a word doc, then doing the "paste
    special" to put it in excel as text. That works, but is very time consuming.
    Is there a way to format a column so emails are text only?
    --
    "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough
    other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

    Precede the email address with an apostrophe (') when
    keying.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    vms
    Guest

    Re: How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

    Thank you 100 times!

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

    Hi vms

    In 2002/2003 you can turn it of

    Tools > Options > Spelling
    Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button
    AutoFormat As You Type Tab
    Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
    OK
    OK

    If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you
    can use Ctrl-Z to make it text.

    Or start with a '

    You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks
    in your worksheet

    Sub test()
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
    End Sub

    Alt-F11
    Insert>Module from the menubar
    paste the sub in there
    Alt-Q to go back to Excel

    If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
    Select "test" and press Run

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl