Dates in Excel

  1. #1
    FJB
    Guest

    Dates in Excel

    Why does Excel assume that when you type December 2004 that you want
    the numeric equivalent and not a text entry? Is this just another
    illustration of Microsoft knowing what we need before we know it? Thanks

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Dates in Excel

    I don't know why MS assumes this but you can precede the entry with an
    apostrophe and it will be text

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...