Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime.

  1. #1
    Papa John
    Guest

    Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime.

    Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime I load a
    shared workbook. It's very anoying. Does anyone know how to stop this
    happening?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime.

    John

    This is a bug with shared workbooks in Office 2000 and it seems there never
    was a fix for it.

    Excel 2002 has corrected the bug.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime.

    Forgot to add a workaround by Dave Peterson.

    Maybe you could use a workbook that checks this setting each time it could get
    changed:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...F659%40msn.com

    Gord

  4. #4
    Papa John
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everyt

    Thanks for your help. The workaround by Dave Peterson seems to do the trick.
    Anyway it'll have to do until our IT dept gets around to upgrading our
    software.

    Thanks again

    Papa John