Double-Clicking a cell for Multiple Options

  1. #1
    andym
    Guest

    Double-Clicking a cell for Multiple Options

    I recently came across a spreadsheet where a cell was double clicked for the
    multiple options to become available.

    This was similar to a drop-down list, but there was no drop down list!!
    Confused?

    An example...

    The cell currently shows a value of "A".
    I double-click on this cell ... the cell changes to "B".
    The new value is not random, but coming from a pick list or a pre-determined
    list.

    Does anybody know how such a feature is created?

    Regards,

    andym

  2. #2

    Re: Double-Clicking a cell for Multiple Options

    If you rightclick on that cell and choose "Pick from DropDown List" do you get
    the same effect?

    If yes, maybe it was a macro that did the work:

    Option Explicit

    Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, _
    Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim myCtrl As CommandBarControl
    Set myCtrl = Nothing
    On Error Resume Next
    Set myCtrl = Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1966)
    On Error GoTo 0

    If myCtrl Is Nothing Then
    Exit Sub
    Else
    myCtrl.Execute
    End If

    Cancel = true

    End Sub

    Rightclick on the worksheet tab, select view code and paste this in that code
    window.