Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

phantom headers

  1. #1
    dave
    Guest

    phantom headers

    I have a header which keeps coming back after I remove it
    in the print preview window. Does anyone know why this
    might be happening?

    tia,
    Dave

  2. #2

    Re: phantom headers

    If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does the header still come back?

    If it doesn't come back, it sounds like you have a macro that runs right before
    you print.

    Take a look under ThisWorkbook to see if you have any code in the
    workbook_beforePrint procedure.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: phantom headers

    Dave

    How do you remove it in the Print Preview Window?

    You must select "Setup" from the PP window to access the Headers/Footers
    dialog.

    Remove from there.

    If keeps coming back, maybe you have some code that is replacing it.

    Like Before_Print code in the ThisWorkbook module.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Dave Breitenbach
    Guest

    Re: phantom headers

    The before workbook was exactly right. I think I recall someone at our
    offices setting this up for all workbooks - but most other ones no longer
    have it... this must have lingered for some reason. How could I confirm that
    no other spreadsheets have lingered with thee headers? Is there a location
    in office settings which could affect all workbooks? Also, I should simply
    remove the code in this one right?

    thanks to both of you,
    Dave

  5. #5

    Re: phantom headers

    I think you'll find the best approach is to just go and look (or wait until
    someone complains and fix it then).

    And if you're prompted with "this workbook contains macros" and you think you
    removed all the code (in all the modules), take a look at Debra Dalgleish's
    site:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

    She has some nice instructions with pictures.

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: phantom headers

    Dave

    There is no global Office setting that would control the Headers/Footers for
    workbooks/worksheets.

    Possibly your workbooks were based upon a Template that had the code, but if
    most other workbooks don't have it, the Template is no longer being used as
    the basis for new workbooks.

    Delete the code from the module for this file and save.

    To find the "lingering" ones would require manually checking each workbook or
    using Chip Pearson's "remove all VBA code" which may be overkill and dangerous
    if you have other code you need to keep.

    For reference see.... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

    Gord

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:47:05 -0800, "Dave Breitenbach"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The before workbook was exactly right. I think I recall someone at our
    >offices setting this up for all workbooks - but most other ones no longer
    >have it... this must have lingered for some reason. How could I confirm that
    >no other spreadsheets have lingered with thee headers? Is there a location
    >in office settings which could affect all workbooks? Also, I should simply
    >remove the code in this one right?
    >
    >thanks to both of you,
    >Dave
    >
    >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
    >
    >> Dave
    >>
    >> How do you remove it in the Print Preview Window?
    >>
    >> You must select "Setup" from the PP window to access the Headers/Footers
    >> dialog.
    >>
    >> Remove from there.
    >>
    >> If keeps coming back, maybe you have some code that is replacing it.
    >>
    >> Like Before_Print code in the ThisWorkbook module.
    >>

    >> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:35:43 -0800, "dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a header which keeps coming back after I remove it
    >> >in the print preview window. Does anyone know why this
    >> >might be happening?
    >> >
    >> >tia,
    >> >Dave

Closed Thread