how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded i.

  1. #1
    Jim Harris
    Guest

    how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded i.

    how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded in excel?
    They are just simple dots, but there are over 6000 and growing rapidly make
    the file size huge.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embeddedi.

    You could try to select the pictures this way:

    Choose Edit>Go To
    Click the Special button
    Select Objects, click OK

    Then, press the Delete key, to delete the selected objects.

    If that doesn't work, they may be objects from the Control toolbox. To
    select them,

    Choose View>Toolbars>Control Toolbox
    Click the Design mode button
    Then, follow the steps above, to select and delete the objects.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3

    Re: how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedded i.

    If you want to get rid of all the objects...

    Edit|goto|Special|select objects
    and hit the delete key.

    But you may want to investigate why the number is getting larger. This isn't
    usual behavior.

  4. #4
    Jim Harris
    Guest

    Re: how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedde

    Thanks for your help, the 1st option selected all of the pictures and the
    delete was easy. Now the tougher question, what could cause the pictures to
    be inserted in the first place and what cause's it to keep replicating.

    Jim Harris

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: how do I delete thousands of pictures that are somehow embedde

    Maybe you're copying and pasting cells on which the pictures sit.

    They might be pictures, or charts, or controls that were reduced in size
    when columns/rows were adjusted. Now they appear as small dots.