How do you merge two spreadsheets to update data.

  1. #1
    Gerrysr
    Guest

    How do you merge two spreadsheets to update data.

    I have two spreadsheets with all columns and headings the same. One heading
    is vendor numbers. The master spreadsheet I get contains many more vendors
    that I don't want to track. I want to update certain vendors by vendor number
    from one master spreadsheet every month and update the same info with a
    selected list of vendors every month. How do i do it.

  2. #2
    Springbok
    Guest

    RE: How do you merge two spreadsheets to update data.

    Hi,

    I would assume that some form of lookup will suffice, such as an INDEX or
    VLOOKUP.

    Use your help menu for a detailed description and examples on how they work.
    Once you get your head around them they're quite easy.

    Cheers,
    Jon