Getting Windows Installer when trying to open Excel files

  1. #1
    amc422
    Guest

    Getting Windows Installer when trying to open Excel files

    I have suddenly begun experiencing a problem when trying to open Excel files
    or the application itself. I get Windows Installer saying it's trying to
    load Office XP Small Business, and asking for the CD. I don't have the CD,
    as my PC came loaded with Office already on it. When I subsequently click
    "Cancel", I get an "Error 1706... setup cannot find the required files".

    I have not done anything new to my PC, and suddenly this problem. What gives?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    AMC

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Getting Windows Installer when trying to open Excel files

    Contact the company who sold you the PC, I don't think MS give any support
    for OEM products

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...