Excel as a database and sorting information

  1. #1
    Guest

    Excel as a database and sorting information

    Hi,
    If I want to use the excel spreadsheet as a sort of database how
    can I sort the rows so that the records with a particular piece of
    information are at the top of the list?
    Can I tie a set of cells in a row together so that they will not
    be broken up by accidentally sorting a column on its own ather than
    the whole sheet?

    Regards Steve

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Excel as a database and sorting information

    Don't sort a database, use filters, Auto and/or Custom!

    RD

    news:[email protected]...